Family is very important for us here at Trinity. Fam+Jam Wednesdays begin on September 12th and entails the following ministry programs:
1) Friends of Jesus for 3rd-6th graders –meets after school Wednesdays until 5:30 p.m. (Sept.-early May). We have fun with games, activities, and periodic field trips! Memorizing Scripture in a fun way is included.
2) Confirmation classes (7th-8th graders) Wednesday eves., 5:30 p.m. beginning with meals and then classes from 6-7:15 p.m. (Sept.-May). We even go to concerts and Adventureland!
3) Free meals served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. We will even have authentic Mexican food some evenings!
4) High School League— Wednesday nights from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Come hang out as we play games, brief devotionals, and other activities. Periodic trips outside the church to concerts, events, etc. occur! No League during the summer except for mission trips or fun activities.
In addition to our Wednesday Fam+Jam nights, here’s some extra things we do:
1) Men’s Breakfasts (free) and Bible Studies— Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m., in the Fellowship Hall. We look at a wide range of topics including videos, internet, and other resources. The food and fellowship are great!
2) Women’s Bible Study–Join us on Sundays after the service at 10:30 a.m. in the Quilter’s Room as we discuss the newest Bible studies as they relate to our faith.
3) Women’s Circle—We meet on the third Thursday of each month (Sept.-May) at 2 p.m. with a Bible study and followed by food and fellowship. Come learn with us.
4) GriefShare classes—These 13 weekly classes are designed to give practical guidance for those who have lost loved ones to cope and heal from death or dying. See Pastor Jon for details (firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-836-4792).
5) DivorceCare classes—Unfortunately divorce is very real in our society today, and this 13 week class is designed to help those experiencing separation and divorce to stabilize oneself in all areas such as the emotional, physical, financial, relational, and spiritual aspects of life. See Pastor Jon for details (email@example.com or 515-836-4792).
6) Alpha Classes–are there questions about life or God that you would like to ask? Come to Alpha and find out the meaning of life. This basic Christianity class is for adults and youth (Youth Alpha is a separate series run in High School League). We will be launching a Marriage Alpha class sometime soon. Stay tuned!
7) Concerts of all Types including Country-Western, Gospel, and Contemporary Christian artists, dramas, and local talent and entertainment.
8) Christian Movies brought from the movie screen to the church. Come join us for a time of fellowship along with free popcorn and drinks.
And other activities throughout the year include:
- Harvest Festival– in later October each year we have a visual of what it is like to physically give to the Lord like those before us in prior days. Farmers and others will bring in their grain on semi’s or their offerings up front in the sanctuary to thank the Lord for all He has done. It is blessed and then it goes to the local elevator. The kids are invited to ride with the farmers at that time. Grilling and food/fellowship always follows the event.
- Our traditional Sunday School Christmas programs and Christmas Eve. Candlelight services are always a special part of the Holiday Season program
- Advent and Lenten services on Wednesdays with food and fellowship time beforehand.
- Holy Week and Easter Services complete with breakfasts!